Thursday, September 29, 2011

“Doggie Bag Queen”



“Doggie Bag Queen”


This entry is a pun on Portion Control:
In recent years, portions have been gradually getting bigger with the introduction of king-size chocolate bars, super-sized fast food meals, & even larger drinks from 8oz to almost a whooping 40oz at the movie theater which sad to say still may not be their largest size.


                          Due to the economic changes, many restaurants may feel the need to make portions larger as to attract more customers, but in turn they may actually be doing more damage for the overall mass population. Larger portions can encourage us to eat greater quantities of these unhealthy food choices, which is why almost three quarters of Americans are overweight, one in two Americans have one or more chronic diseases. As for future generations, one in three children born today will have type II diabetes. When it comes to how much to eat, think more about 'down-sizing' rather than 'super-sizing' for most foods, except fruit and vegetables.


 I could go on and on about the stats and also about how to re-route this energy , but the bottom line, is just because they serve it doesn’t mean that you have to consume all of it in one sitting. By all means, there’s a reason the refrigerator was invented, and whoever came up with the idea of Tupperware & microwaves definitely was a forward thinker. So Cheers to that PHENOMENON!

Anyhow I took the liberty to write this because my very own sweetie, dubbed me the crown and said that I’m so predictable when we eat out. I pretty much always bring something home. In the old days I used to be shy about bringing the food home, but no MORE..
DOWN with being wasteful!!!

There’s far to many unfortunate who are forced to miss meals because of life’s general hardships and poverty. Not to mention, why not get your money’s worth even if you have to finish your meal at home? 


 After all you may be able to spruce it up to your liking if the meal was a bit bland or in my case not necessarily the temperature that I would have liked. At any rate, indeed this weekend was the first time that I actually finished at least one of my meals to its entirety. I was so PROUD of my self. But I also looked at the menu and then realized that I had a literal light menu. It wasn’t only light in the sense of the calories but I think who ever put the preparation of the meal and the menu together was definitely thinking of me. 




AND for that, I’ll still GLADLY keep my 

      CROWN, of course, as "Doggie-Bag 
Queen"!!!!!!

   Thanks and Best health Wishes ,
Lawino-J






No comments:

Post a Comment